Kindergarten provides early learning opportunities for children who are 5 years old.
Kindergarten is a wonderful way for your child to discover what school is like and to have fun while learning new things. In this exciting new community, children’s natural curiosity and eagerness to learn are structured through organized activities and purposeful play. Children will interact, imagine, experiment and explore to add to their knowledge, learn new skills and practice what they’ve learned.
Programs are implemented by certificated teachers and educational assistants, with support from professionals in the areas of speech/language, occupational and behavioural therapy.
Curricular areas include early literacy, mathematics, citizenship and identity, environment and community awareness, personal and social responsibility, physical skills and well-being, as well as creative expression.
- Children aged 5 years by December 31st
Hours of Instruction
- 475 hours
- Children receiving Program Unit Funding (PUF) may access up to 800 hour of instruction
- Please check the webpage of the school your child will be attending for this information
- Payment arrangements can be made with the school office
How to Register Your Child
- Pick up a registration form from the school office or download here
- Contact the school principal if you have questions or require assistance.
- Completed forms can be submitted to the school office.